Saturday 26 October 2013

MOCHA JO'S

87 Kingsway, Glen Waverley - (03) 9560 8444

We've walked past Mocha Jo's on a few occasions and it is always full of people.  Being very interested to try it out, one day BF decided to take me there for brunch.

Tortilla Scram ($11.90)
2 gluten free corn tortillas, scrambled eggs, chopped tomatoes, Spanish onion, fresh chilli
& coriander salsa, smashed avocado with extras - bacon ($4.50) and hash brown ($3.00)

Bircher Muesli ($9.50)
Apple soaked rolled oats, sultanas, dried apricots, with cinnamon, honey, natural yoghurt,
fresh apple & seasonal berries

After a short 5 minute or so wait, we were seated at one of their outside tables.  BF ordered the Tortilla Scram with bacon and hash browns.  While I decided on the Bircher Muesli, after seeing the impressive Opera House-like presentation at one of our neighbouring tables.

BF thoroughly enjoyed his Tortilla Scram and the extra hash browns were crunchy and tasty.

Unfortunately, I was disappointed with my Bircher Muesli as I found it very sweet.  I suspect the oats had been soaked in sugary apple juice.  The fresh fruit and yoghurt on top were nice, but were quite overpowered by the sweetness of the muesli.  I've had many variations of Bircher Muesli and unfortunately won't be going back for this Bircher.

I'd still go back to Mocha Jo's, however I'd try something else, especially as BF had success with the Tortilla Scram.


Mocha Jo's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment