Wednesday 13 March 2013

THE NAPIER HOTEL

210 Napier St
Fitzroy

We've been to the Napier Hotel a few times.  I'd characterise it as a grungy gastro pub.  What I love about the Napier is its accessibility.  Appropriate for the area, the dress code is non-existent (we went straight from the local pool), the beer is plentiful, and the prices sharp.  It could probably do with a bit of a spruce up but hey, it's a pub.

I wanted to blog about one menu item, because it's (even by my standards) ridiculous.  'The Bogan Burger' is a triumph of indulgence over sanity.  It's twice as big as my mouth due to the following ingredients: steak, chicken schnitzel, caramelised onions, cheese, pineapple, beetroot, egg, potato cake, bacon, lettuce, tomato with wedges and salad.  I like it for the challenge but I have to admit, mixing steak, schnitzel and a potato cake is a stretch.  For $20, it's good value if you add up the ingredients, but sometimes value is not everything. 
   


The Bogan Burger



Napier Hotel on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment