Wednesday 4 November 2009

LIAR LIAR

90 Kinkora Rd, Hawthorn - ph: (03) 9818 8864

Soy latte ($4.00)

This is my second post on Liar Liar. The cafe changed ownership some time ago and I wanted to check how much it's changed. I have a couple of friends who used to come here all the time and reckon the new staff doesn't have the same 'vibe' as the previous one.

Food (and coffee) wise I think it is still pretty good. I love their soy latte and my husband thinks they make the best double ristretto.

I like the fact that Liar Liar always has a couple of blends and single origin coffees to choose from and their barrista will ask how do you like your coffee (sweet, bitter, strong, etc) to recommend you the best coffee.

Double ristretto ($3.50)

B. L. A. T. - bacon, lettuce, avocado and tomato - on ciabatta was as good as always.

Bacon, lettuce, tomato and avocado sandwich ($11.90)

I used love the carrot cake, which they don't seem to have anymore. But they have these really fluffy and sweet blueberry friands that do the trick just as well :)

Blueberry friand ($5.50)

My final verdict: Liar Liar is still a good call for breakfast / coffee in Hawthorn

Liar, Liar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment