Wednesday 3 June 2009

SAMURAI - Great value sushi

804 Glenferrie Road - Hawthorn 3122 ph: 98194858

Good old Samurai on Glenferrie Rd. Drive past it any night of the week and I guarantee you'll see it packed.

The reason? They have $14 dinner packs that include soup + entree + main + drink. That's pretty compelling, I think.

I normally go for the miso soup, raw tuna / salmon sushi for entree, mix tempura udon for main and green tea milkshake. It's so much food that unless I'm starving, I can never finish it.

We go there A LOT and 9 out of 10 times the food is really good and the sushi really fresh (trust me, I'm picky when it comes to raw fish). You'll get the eventual bad day - but that's more bad luck than anything else.

Beware of the service though - it ranges from nonexistent to eventualy rude. Samurai is not the place for a romantic dinner or for a long catch up with friends. It's the type of place where you get in, take a sit, get served, eat your food and get out - all in less than 1 hour. And staff is trained to make sure you do so!

All in all, it's a great place for those week nights when you get home too tired to cook and just want an easy, warm, filling & tasty dinner.

Note: Samurai also offers takeaway - might be a better option for those of you who can't deal with bad service.

No comments:

Post a Comment