Sunday 7 March 2010

RED PEPPER RISTORANTE AND PIZZERIA

457 Centre Rd, Bentleigh - ph: 9557 2299

I came across Red Pepper the other night when I was visiting some friends in Bentleigh and had to find a place on the way to get take away pizza from. After a bit of searching online, I decided to give it a shot.

It ended up being a nice surprise.

Normally I wouldn't blog about a take away pizza joint, but this was actually pretty good. The base was too thick, which made it a bit soggy. Definitely not the crunchy, thin Italian style base that you find at Ladro or Pizza Espresso. But the toppings were quite good though, so I thought I'll add a quick post about it that can come handy if you ever venture around the area.

Here are the photos taken at my friends place:

Tomato, prosciutto, cheese, rocket, shaved parmesan and fresh herbs($19.50)

Buffalo Bocconcini, Tomato, basil, olive oil ($19.50)

Garlic/Herb Base Topped With Cheese, Spring Onion & Olives ($11)

Red Pepper Ristorante and Pizzeria on Urbanspoon

5 comments:

  1. I love buffalo mozzarella but am normally too stingy to buy it for my homemade pizzas. Wish it wasn't so damn expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The toppings look good, but it's funny how the last garlic pizza didn't cover to the edges of the crust!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite would be the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. biting into one of the red pepper pizzas is excactly like biting into heaven. it tasted so good. i felt like i was in italy!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry i meant bitting!

    ReplyDelete