Friday 12 June 2009

CAFFE VELOCE - mixture of Italian food and fast cars

9-11 Claremont Street, South Yarra - ph: (03) 8080 9995

True to Melbourne's 'hidden cafe' culture, Caffe Veloce (www.caffeveloce.com.au) is the type of place you'll never find if you are not looking for it.

Tucked in a small street off Toorak Rd, sitting at the back of Dutton's car dealership, it is hard to find.

But it's worth the effort. Whenever I'm seeing clients in South Yarra, I try to schedule the meetings first thing in the morning so that I can start my day with their brekky special: coffee + Italian pastry for $5.

My latte is made with the house blend of Di Lorenzo coffee and my 'Italian style' chocolate croissant is filled with a decadent almond scented chocolate cream. Yum!

For lunch, their baguettes are always a good call. I specially like the boconccini, tomato and basil one ($8.50).

Moreover, Caffe Veloce's staff is friendly and - for the car enthusiasts - you couldn't choose a more attractive site to enjoy your meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment