Tuesday 16 June 2009

CAFE VUE - Enjoy Their Quality Without The Price Tag

430 Little Collins Street, Melbourne - ph: 03 9691 3888

I had a great quick lunch with a friend in the city today.

Cafe Vue (http://www.vuedemonde.com.au/cafe-vue.aspx) is a place I keep coming to again and again.

The cafe has a nice atmosphere, quick service and, most importantly, food comes from the same kitchen as Bistro Vue and Vue de Monde.

It's obviously not as sophisticated as the other two, but the cafe does offer gret food for a very reasonable price.

I always like to try their lunch boxes. A new box comes up every month; you get a starter + salad + savoury + sweet for $15.

Unfortunately, they had run out of lunch boxes by the time I got there, so I had a chicken and porcini mushroom pie served with a side of salad ($7.50) followed by a decadent chocolate tart ($4.50). The pie was perfectly crusty on the outside and juicy inside. As for the chocolate tart, just thinking about it makes me want to go for seconds.

Note: try their macarrons with a cup of Illy coffee to be instantly transported to Paris for a brief moment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment