Sunday 24 May 2009

ENOTECA OGGI - Good option on Lygon St

I'm always a bit hesitant about dining in Lygon St. Don't get me wrong; Lygon St has got amazing food and I often go there shopping for provisions - chocolate, cheese, coffee, Italian panetonne, fresh pasta - it's the Italian products Mecca in Melbourne.

The restaurants, on the other hand, are a little bit too touristic for me. Many of them are more about entertainment than food.

Not Oggi though. The venue looks sleek, with nice linen napkins and good wine glasses.

Food is also very good. I went for one of the specials; grilled barramundi with garden salad + a glass of house wine for $20. The fish was really fresh & served with home made mayo. A simple, light, tasty dish.

My partner had ossobuco - another special of the day. Again, simple flavours, nothing fancy, traditional Italian canteen.

We shared a flourless almond and vanilla tart for desert which was the highlight of the night for me. Super light dough covered with finely chopped almond flakes.

I recommend you go for the tarts for desert instead of traditional tiramisu or cassata, as these deserts looked pre-made.

Note: Oggi is on the Entertainment Book - using the voucher, dinner for 2 people + 2 glasses of wine + desert = $26; it can't get much better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment