Saturday 26 October 2013

ORA CAFE

156 Pakington St, Kew - (03) 9855 2002

Ora is one of my favourite brunch spots.  This small, busy cafe does great coffee and food.  They offer standard breakfast dishes however they also have some unique ones too.  I've been here a few times as it is relatively close to my parents' place.  One Saturday morning, I took BF here as he'd never been.

Exterior of Ora Cafe

The Twice Baked Souffle caught my eye.  I'd never seen it on a brunch menu before and I was intrigued to try it out.  I was not disappointed.  It was beautifully presented and delicious all at the same time.  The waldorf salad was crisp and fresh which complimented the soft souffle wonderfully.

Twice Baked Souffle ($16.00)
Goats cheese feta, petite waldorf salad

BF went for a traditional breakfast - eggs, toast, sausage and bacon.  The poached eggs were perfectly cooked with a runny yolk.  Bacon was nice, but BF thought that for the price, he would have liked a bit more.  However, the hero element was the house game sausage.  I tried it too and it was delicious, full of flavour.

Eggs + Toast ($9.00)
Two eggs poached with seed toast and extras -
house game sausage ($5.00) and the Melbourne Pantry bacon ($5.00)


Latte & Skinny Cappuccino

Cakes Cabinet


If you're after a well thought out food and great coffee, pop into Ora...I know I will be back.

Ora Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment