Wednesday 20 March 2013

THE SKINNY DOG HOTEL - PARAMGEDDON

155 High St. Kew
98538023

We have reviewed the Skinny Dog in Kew before.  It is next to my parent's house so I've been there many times over the years.  It's not a gastro pub, but it's pretty decent with a nice makeover, beer garden and staff. 

Having returned after an absence of a few months, I had forgotten just how much of a challenge their house specialty (many different types of parmas) can be.  The parma can be ordered as a whole, or as a half.  According to the wait staff, very few people order the half.  My advice, having failed to get through the effort below (I got 3/4 there) is to skip lunch before attempting this feat.  It's a reasonable quality parma, however the focus here is less on quality and more on quantity.  The chicken schnitzel was a bit thin and was over cooked.  At under $30, it's good value, if you can finish it...


Skinny Dog Hotel on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment